Monday, January 7, 2013

Live in the Moment

Has this ever happened to you?  You go to church, it's a normal Sunday morning and then when you take your seat you KNOW you are supposed to be there.  Worship is amazing, the songs speak to your heart and then the pastor starts to talk and you think to yourself "Is this a dream?  Am I the only person here because this message is speaking just to ME!"  I guess that's just another example of this "me" world that we live in but yesterday's message at church was A-MAZ-ING and I really felt like God was speaking right to my heart through my pastors' mouths (My pastors are husband and wife.  They preached together yesterday).

The message title was "Live in the Moment." It was about self discipline & living in the present.  One thing said that really struck a cord was when my pastor said that 98% of our lives are ordinary moments and only 2% of our lives are the extraordinary.  We live our lives trying to achieve the extraordinary and are missing out on 98% of our lives by doing that! He said "Live for today!  The good life we're all in pursuit of is NOW.  When you do good now you ARE living the good life." (Once the link to the message is up on my church's website, I will put a link here for you to go listen to it.)   

Then my pastor said something that I will never forget.  It confirmed to me that what I am doing (this blog, my mission to become healthy, all of it) is exactly what I am supposed to be doing...she said "this is the year of restoration."   Why, yes.  Yes it is.  


res·to·ra·tion  

/ˌrestəˈrāSHən/

Noun
  1. The return of something to a former owner, place, or condition.
  2. The process of repairing or renovating a building, work of art, etc., so as to restore it to its original condition.
Synonyms
renovation - restitution - reconstruction - renewal

I also found this definition: The replacement or giving back of something lost, stolen, etc.the act of putting something in working order again.There are 86 bible verses about restoration.  86!  My favorite that I found is Jeremiah 30:17


But I will restore you to health

    and heal your wounds,’
declares the Lord,
‘because you are called an outcast,
    Zion for whom no one cares.’


Where I am Today: 
  • Total weight loss: 2 lbs!
  • Exercise - 20 minute walk outside - finally a nice day! 
  • Something good - I went out to dinner last night with my mom to a Mexican restaurant. I ordered chicken fajitas with corn tortillas.  I didn't eat the beans, rice, cheese, guacamole or the sour cream.  I was over on my calorie count yesterday but a 30 minute walk on the treadmill would have been an easy fix.    
Health Goals: 
  • Lose 2 lbs by next Friday
  • Maintain my 2 lb weight loss, maybe lose 1 or two more since I still have 4 days
  • Exercise 5 4 days 
  • Read the Bible daily 
  • Talk to my kids about random acts of kindness ideas 
  • Start a "Good Stuff" jar to open next New Year Day
  • Sleep 7- 8 hours per night 
  • Blog Twice
  • Start my 40 by 40 list 





No comments:

Post a Comment