Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sick and Tired

Week one and two went really well.  Week three (this week) not so much.  Toward the end of last week I felt a cold coming on.  I don't have time for life right now let alone time to get sick!  I was heading into a four day weekend, but my  four days were already booked to the max so rest was not an option.  Friday we had tickets already purchased to go to the Rodeo, right after the rodeo we were heading over to my friend's wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, Saturday was the wedding...and I was the photographer.  Sunday church and a lunch meeting with a church visitor from Vietnam and dinner plans with friends and Monday I promised my kids I would take them roller skating after driving across town to return some rented equipment.  I did it.  Looking back, I am not sure how but I did it all.  And this week I am paying for it. I think pray that I am over the cold part but I am exhausted and unmotivated.

I justified not working out on Friday because I walked around the National Western Stock Show for 2 hours before the rodeo.  Saturday I justified not working out because I was photographing the wedding - squatting  carrying what feels like 50 lbs around my neck and on my shoulders (I should weigh everything I carry someday).  Sunday was my off day and Monday I went rollerskating for three hours. ( Have you ever checked out how many calories you burn roller skating?!  Its crazy - and fun for the whole family!)  But yesterday and today when my alarm went off at 4:30 I have totally ignored it and continued to sleep for another hour.

Today I brought some extra clothes and walking shoes to work with me so I could walk at lunch and here I sit typing this blog because I cannot muster up the energy to even think about working out.  I don't want to make excuses, and it is a priority to me but I am just. so. tired.  I am allowing myself some time to get over the cold that I had and not beating myself up...yet.

Another problem is that I am STARVING.  I refuse to starve myself; I will do this the healthy way and i will not deprive myself   I think that is a big reason for past failed diets.  This is a lifestyle change, not a torture chamber.  My goal is to eat 1200 calories + whatever I work off - if I burn 300 calories working out, I eat 1500 instead of 1200.  The past four days I have gone WAY over what I am supposed to be eating.  Where I made my mistake though is that I stopped tracking what I was eating - probably because I thought to myself "what I don't know won't hurt me".  WRONG!  It will hurt me and eating blindly is why I am where I am today.

SO - I am slowly going to get back on track.  I started logging my calories again yesterday and even if i don't feel like it I WILL walk on the treadmill for at least 30 minutes tonight or play Just Dance with my kids on the Wii.  Maybe by the end of the week I will have my "umph" back and can get back on track.

And then comes the next problem - a work conference in Las Vegas next week.  Going to have to work out daily because I am sure there won't be many healthy choices for food.  Lord, help me!


Source: someecards.com via Amy on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment